Monday - March 5th - Not too bad - not too good.

We had a fair day of fishing out on the Jetty. We moved around several times, but ended up with 4 Bull Reds and 1 Big Ugly Drum. The tide was tepid when we arrived but starting moving out later in the morning. The water was 61 degrees. There was a full moon the night before - and the day started out with us being under high pressure - so both of those probably affected the bite.
Wayne caught this Big Ugly Drum on a piece of cut shad. The Drum tipped the scale a tad over 50 lbs. Wayne put on quite a show fighting this drum. You would have thought he was on "Hunt for Big Fish" with Larry Dahlberg! Which by the way is one of my favorite shows!
Poor little Dewey wasn't catching any fish - not even hard heads - I had been catching some whiting with a shrimp-tipped gold spoon - and I felt ever so sorry for him (he started whining ... grin) so I handed him my rod and he caught this whopper! (laughing)
We cut up the whiting we were catching and used then for bait and caught 3 out of the 4 reds on cut whiting. The other red was caught on cracked crab.
I have no idea what is over Dewey's Shoulder - some kind of UFO ... (laughing) ... I didn't see it when I took the picture - but sure enough it is there!
All in all it was an ok day of fishing. Nothing spectacular, but a beautiful day on the water.

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Information on Galveston's North and South Jetty

Black Drum Run: How To Vent Black Drum

Bayano River Fishing for Snook